Become a participant
An educational institution that decides to become a participant in the u:book service will receive many benefits, such as support in marketing, as well as the possibility to offer entitled persons a facilitated purchase via their personal access data at their respective educational institution.
To become a participant in the u:book service, the educational institution has to be a participant in the ACOnet Identity Federation "eduID.at", and thus a participant in ACOnet, the Austrian Academic Computer Network. This does not only give participants a physical connection to a national and international high-performance data network infrastructure, but also the opportunity to use interesting community services:
- Connection to GÉANT, the pan-European research and education network
- Participation in the ACOnet Identity Federation
- Participation in eduroam, the wireless network roaming infrastructure by GÉANT
- Participation in the free TCS - Trusted Certificate Service by GÉANT
- Nameservices and Local Internet Registry (LIR)
- Technical support, participation in workshops and working groups
- and much more.
You can find more information about how to participate, as well as the application form, on the ACOnet website.