Please understand that we can only provide information about the new products shortly before the beginning of the new sales period, as we work until the last minute to offer the best models at the best prices.
We guarantee high-quality products at attractive prices. Our goal is to offer high-performance laptops that are reliable tools for studies and research.
In addition, our customers benefit from our extensive range of services:
- All of our products have an extended warranty of 3 years (except for specifically labelled products)
- Continuous configuration of new products to meet current demands
- With or without an operating system: For almost all Lenovo and HP models, you can choose whether the device you buy comes with a preinstalled Windows operating system or without a preinstalled operating system. All Apple and Microsoft products come with a preinstalled operating system.
- Support forum where users and company representatives provide help and advice
- Extensive u:book support with contact partners from manufacturers, partner stores and the u:book service
Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis, dass Informationen zu den kommenden Produkten erst kurz vor Öffnung der Verkaufsfenster bereitgestellt werden können, da wir bis zuletzt bemüht sind, die besten Modelle zu den besten Preisen anzubieten.
In general, all schoolchildren, students and employees at formal Austrian educational institutions are entitled to purchase our products using their personal login data or an OpenIdP account. These include:
- Students, members and organisational units of all Austrian universities, universities of applied sciences, university colleges of teacher education and other tertiary educational institutions
- Schoolchildren who are 18 years or older and employees at Austrian schools that operate on a legal basis, i.e. schools that are subject to the Schulorganisationsgesetz (school organisation act), the Gesundheits- und Krankenpflegegesetz (health care act) or the Berufsausbildungsgesetz (vocational training act), as well as schools and colleges for agriculture and forestry.
- Members of alumni associations and participating organisations
Please note the following restrictions:
- Quasi-freelancers are entitled to purchase products using an OpenIdP account, but they are not entitled to purchase Microsoft products.
Institutions that are not entitled to purchase u:book products are, among others, dancing schools, music schools and adult education centres (Volkshochschulen), preparatory courses for the secondary school vocational certificate (Berufsreifeprüfung), building craftsperson schools, industrial master colleges, master craftsperson schools and other institutions providing adult education.
Quasi-freelancers are entitled to purchase products using an OpenIdP account, but they are not entitled to purchase Microsoft products.
Every entitled customer may buy one u:book per sales period. The only exception applies to organisational units of participating institutions. They can purchase an unlimited amount of devices.
With the exception of the accessories we offer, it is not possible to further reconfigure our products to lower the price. The only exception are Microsoft and Apple products, which can be configured according to your personal preferences.
All people interested in the u:book service can read the posts in the u:book support forum. However, only entitled customers can post contributions or respond to posts in the forum.
If you need technical support, please refer to our partner stores. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or queries. For detailed information about (technical) support for your u:book, please click here.
Um die vollen u:book-Konditionen im McSHARK Online-Shop nutzen zu können, sind folgende Schritte notwendig:
- Registrierung im McSHARK Online Shop
- Beantragung des Edu-Status im Zuge der Registrierung und Upload des gültigen Studentenausweises
- Das McSHARK-Team bearbeitet alle Anfragen innerhalb von 24h und schaltet gültige Accounts frei
- Benachrichtigung per E-Mail
- u:book-Konditionen werden im McSHARK Online-Shop angezeigt
Die Ausweisdaten werden ausschließlich für den Einkaufsprozess verwendet und von Apple und McSHARK vertraulich behandelt.
If your educational institution is a participant in the u:book service, you can conveniently place your order using your personal login data from your educational institution.
If your educational institution is not a participant in the ACOnet Identity Federation, you first have to
- register for a free ACOnet OpenIdP account and
- wait for it to be activated before you place a u:book order.
It usually takes no more than one working day to activate an OpenIdP account. Please note that you are required to show your student or employee ID card or a confirmation from your school and that you can only register for and activate an ACOnet OpenIdP account shortly before and during a sales period. Moreover, you will have to take care of re-activating your existing account, if you wish to purchase another device during the next u:book sales period.
If your educational institution is a participant in the u:book service:
- Please register at ubook.at/openidp-registrierung/,
- and wait for your account to be activated before you place a u:book order.
Please note that you are required to show your student or employee identity card or a confirmation from your school and that you can only register for and activate an ACOnet OpenIdP account shortly before and during an active sales period. It usually takes no more than one working day to activate an OpenIdP account.
If you already have an OpenIdP account and would like to purchase another u:book device, you will simply have to take care of re-activating your account during the next sales period.
If you already have an OpenIdP account and would like to purchase another u.book device, you will simply have to take care of re-activating your account during the next sales period.
Please place all your official orders (orders with an invoice issued to your institution) via the relevant website for official orders. You can reach the website for official orders during the sales period by clicking the relevant box in the right column with all the products.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to order a u:book outside the sales period.
After you have placed your order with one of our partner stores and once the partner store has received your payment, they will send your product or get in touch with you to arrange a delivery date. Please be aware that additional costs may arise, if you are not present on the agreed delivery date.
You can pay for your u:book via advance payment (bank transfer) or creditcard. Payment on delivery or payment by instalments is not possible. Additionally you can pay Microsoft products by Sofortüberweisung, PayPal, Giropay and Klarna. Organisational units of institutions have the opportunity to purchase products on account.
Once you have decided on a model, you can place your order via our partner stores’ online shops. You have to authenticate yourself using your personal login data of your educational institution or your OpenIdP account to be able to access the partner stores’ online shops.
Please use our contact form if you have any questions about your order.
It depends on the partner store how long it takes for the u:book to be delivered. However, delivery should take no longer than 28 working days. You can check the status of your order or payment via our partner stores’ online shops or via their contact e-mail address.
Delivery within Austria is free of charge. Except Microsoft, it is possible that you collect your order personally from all other partner stores.
Only Lenovo, Microsoft and Apple products are delivered outside Austria. Please note that this might lead to higher delivery costs.
Only Lenovo products are delivered outside Austria. Please note that this might lead to higher delivery costs.
Yes. You can pick up Lenovo, HP or Apple products personally from a partner store.
If you purchase a Lenovo or HP model, you can usually select whether you would like to order it with a preinstalled Windows operating system or without a preinstalled operating system. All Apple and Microsoft products come with a preinstalled operating system.
The device has an excellent price-performance ratio. It is offered as a bargain at an attractive price and includes the operating system.
- Second graphics card: The device comes with an additional graphics card, allowing for a higher performance when running graphics-intensive applications.
- Dedicated graphics card: The term ‘dedicated graphics card’ implies that the graphics card has its own dedicated graphics memory. It does therefore not rely on the computer’s main memory and performs faster.
- High-performance processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 or AMD Razor 7 processors have a high clock speed and a lot of cores. In addition, they have a large built-in cache, making them ideal for multitasking (running several programmes or applications at the same time), academic purposes and multimedia applications.
- A lot of memory (RAM): The size of a computer’s main memory (random-access memory – RAM) has a substantial impact on its speed as it provides the data that are currently needed, e.g. by the processor.
The device does not weigh more than 1.5 kg (not including the power adapter).
The product has a long battery life (according to the manufacturer).
No, this is not possible.
If you need an archived invoice for one of your previous orders, please get in touch with the manufacturer’s partner store. However, please note that the partner stores are not obliged to keep the invoices for a longer period of time.
Please contact the manufacturer's partner store.
You can only extend the warranty on HP, Lenovo or Microsoft products during the ordering process. With Apple products, you can also extend the warranty on your u:book during the next sales period.
Please see our detailed information about warranty.
It is possible to buy only accessories without also purchasing a laptop, a convertible tablet/laptop or a tablet from the same manufacturer, except for Apple and Microsoft.
Generally, no. However, you can only purchase accessories when you place a u:book order. You can only place additional orders with the same partner store during the next sales period.
Generally, yes. However, please not the warranty information of the appropriate manufacturer.
In principle, yes. The exact amount varies depending on the partner store and the sales period.
We aim to offer accessories that add to the products available. Therefore, the accessories we offer are not the same every sales period.